Monday, April 09, 2018

Pisgah Stage Race 2018- Day 0

All shined up and ready to go.  Not the best picture, but kind of how I feel.  A little bit of congestion and feeling sluggish this morning.  Took some natural decongestant,  hoping it will clear up as the day goes on. 

This is it,  Pisgah Stage Race #10.   So much has happened over the past 10 years.  So, wild to think how many times I have done this race.  Some years better than others,  each year different than the last. 

Some have suggested that this is my year.  I don't disagree, its a race and you never know.  But, that's not my goal.  I've done the chase,  trying to close the gap, the difference in seconds or minutes.  The minutes that mean the difference between 1st, 2nd, 4th.....  I've looked nervously over my should, looking for that jersey, looking for the rabbit chasing me, the carrot. 

Not this year.   I'm going to make this my victory lap.  I'm going to enjoy the ride and give the volunteers a high five. (not gonna eat the bacon though).  I'm going to take in the sights and sounds and celebrate a decade of racing fun.  I'm gonna finish with a smile on my face and warmth in my heart.  And I'm looking forward to it.

Here's to a fun ride.... (unless of course I wind up near the top after the first day,  then, well,  the race is on!)

No comments: