Monday, February 21, 2011

2/20- 2/21/2011

 Saturday I took the kid for a ride around the woods.  We have a strap attached to his bike so that I can pull him up the longer hills.  And we can go farther.

 This Siren is relaxing in the warm sun after a long gravel road climb.  We spent an hour riding around Bent Creek.  The kid rode some techy single track for the first time and decided that he likes roots.   My kid is the coolest.
 Sunday I headed down the river towards Marshall.  I just got a new fit at Liberty Bikes and it feels awesome.  I didn't want to push too hard until my body adjusts, so I cruised down the river at a steady pace. 
 Interestingly, without thinking about it, I got my fastest time ever on this route. 
It was all good until I flatted about 1 mile from home.  I called for a ride, didn't feel like fixing the flat as darkness was falling.  It gave me a great opportunity to let the kid help me patch it later too. Still, it was a good ride.


It's monday morning, and time to do it again!

1 comment:

Alyssa Ast said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do things like this.

www.alyssaast.com