Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pledge Drive



As you may know, I launched Trips For Kids WNC back in November.  Since that time, I have submitted an application to become a 501(c)3 non profit organization, ( we are currently pending which enables us to accept tax deductible donations),  acquired a small fleet of bikes, co-promoted a Take A Kid Mtn Biking Day-Spring,  and facilitated over 300 kids on mountain bike outings.

This program has already seen huge success thanks to the help of a lot of people: See our sponsor page here.

 I wanted to spend some time evaluating our needs and developing a sound budget, before running a pledge drive and now we are at that point.  I have a number in mind that I have figured out, and if we reach this goal we will be at a point of minimal functionality.  What I mean by that is that we will be able to function as a bare bones operation, be able to offer a quality and safe program, taking at risk kids on mountain bike outings.  Anything donated above this amount will be icing on the cake. ( chocolate icing!!).

I am looking for 125 dedicated people, clubs, organizations and companies, who will pledge $20 per month for 1 yr.  That's it.  Simple.  I know it does not sound like much, but it is, and the results of these pledges and the impact you will have on our community will be huge.

Are you up for the challenge?

Contact me: stephen@tripsforkidswnc.com  or go to : http://tripsforkidswnc.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=452688  to get started today.

Thanks for your consideration.
Stephen Janes

No comments: