Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Last First Day....

.... of elementary school. 

I started this blog as a way to sift through my thoughts and let people know that they were not alone with their thoughts.  Others have and are experiencing similar situations and getting through things are easier if we know others have succeeded. 

I'm proud to say that I have a solid, mature, confident 5th grader.   Today is his last time for a first day of elementary school.  And, he is excited about it.  He is looking forward to getting started, meeting the challenge.  I'm pretty sure its not just to get out of the house and away from me either. 

When I was in 5th grade, I had a different experience.  And as an adult, I tend to expect my kid to have similar experience to what I had.  But, I also give him room to have his own experience.  Fortunately, he appears to be having a great experience, and has expressed the excitement and goals for this year. 


I'm proud of my kid! 

No comments: