Thursday, November 06, 2014

No-Vember

 I've been in a bit of a funk lately.   I finally remembered/figured out why.  Its November.  Its a couple of months worth of traditional holidays, when family members typically get together to eat, stress and be merry..... 

Even so, I miss those times.   And then I realize that I am not the only one.  Personally, unresolved issues and a confrontation gone bad are a hindrance. 

But, I'm not the only one in a similar situation.  For whatever reason, death, divorce, distance and so on,  people around me are hurting.  Missing something. 

As I rode around in the woods, listening to the creatures preparing for winter,  I wished that there was something I could do, or say to help you,  to support in some way.  I was at a loss.  Maybe that's good.  Feeling helpless can be good,  it causes one to pause and reexamine motives. 
 Sometime we just need a hug.  Other times, someone to talk to,  or even someone to sit next to. 

If you need something, let me know.  I'll do what I can to help. 
One thing that helps me this time of year, is to get outside on a daily basis.  I challenge myself to ride or run for a minimum of 40 mins.  Amazingly,  every time I go, I feel better, and usually want to stay out longer.

Have a great day!

No comments: