Saturday, March 17, 2018

No Ocracoke

We tried, begged, bartered, begged some more, asked around.  It looks like we won't be able to re-work our work schedules to get out of town for a family beach vacation.  

Ocracoke is the closest thing to island life in the Caribbean that I have found since moving back. In the couple of times that we have visited, I quickly grew attached to the laid back, simple lifestyle.   It has become a highlight of my year. 

But not this year.  It seems more and more, this life is less about me, and more about those around me. I'm not complaining, it just not always easy to look out for the ones I have chosen to provide for in this life. 

I'm going to hold on to hope though.  One thing I have learned in this life is that there is always hope.  Things don't always turn out how we want them to, but hope is there. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what this spring and summer holds for me.    And I'm definitely going to figure out how to get out on the water!

Cheers to hope!

No comments: