Monday, March 26, 2018

Sunshine

 I got out of the mountains and into the Piedmont for a ride around Croft.   Temps were still a bit chilly but there was sunshine.  I looped all the loops and dropped the drops, except for a couple that were huge!  
 It was a fun place to ride,  somewhat flat with lots of grunt climbs and some tech mixed in.  And enough variation in terrain to keep it interesting. 
 I'd choose this over FATS
 One of the smaller drops
Pisgah Stage Race is looming, 2 weeks out.  I'm burned out trying to ride through the winter.  Always happens this time of year when training for this race.  I haven't done any other races either.  I always try to mix some in, it helps with motivation and helps dial in progress.  Not this year.  Just been riding a bunch and trying to have fun with it. 

It has been mostly fun,  just gets old wondering if I'm hypothermic or not!   I'm doing my best not to complain though. Jean has been training INSIDE all winter.  I'm sure there are others too.  That determination is inspirational.

Bring on the sun!

No comments: