Monday, June 25, 2018

The Buried Emotions


What is it about this island that stirs up so many emotions?  So many memories of my time on Bonaire? Same questions are still there.  Maybe there are answers, maybe not.  

I have to ask what the purpose is though?  Why do I feel the way I do?  I believe there is a greater purpose in my feelings that to simply make me feel good or satisfied.  That is too selfish.  

What do I have that I can give.  How can I contribute to a people who can stir up the buried emotions.  The buried emotions that when uncovered, lead to continued growth and healing.  

Maybe I need to just sit back and appreciate what is happening.  Appreciate that the emotions of the past are being released.  Appreciate the people of the island who are placed there and being used for my betterment.  They expect nothing in return.  They hardly know that they are helping me.  

Hopefully one day, I can repay the gesture.  Just real people being real, helping each other.  


No comments: