Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Chasing

 I got to ride with my friend JD.  He is a strong rider and a super nice guy.  He has supported my program in various ways since the beginning, subtle but meaningful and well thought out. 

We crossed paths in the parking lot, each of us heading out for a ride on our new gravel bikes, each of us preparing for Monster CX, each of us with separate goals. 

He invited me to ride with him, I hesitated, then decided to go for it.  I think I warned him that I wasn't up to speed yet, can't remember.  But, after I blew myself up in the first 4 miles, trying to keep his wheel,  I told him to go ahead with out me.  He wouldn't go.  I told him a couple of more times in the next half hour, but he chose to wait. 

I decided to stop feeling bad for ruining his training and appreciate the fact that someone was helping me get some good training in. 

 We had great time chatting about bikes, racing, family and then some reminiscing about the Thursday night Liberty Ride.  Those were some fun times.  
That's how I looked when we parted ways at the top of Bent Creek Gap.  I was cooked and JD went somewhere to ride some more! 

No comments: