Friday, August 31, 2018

On The Fence

 Pisgah Monster CX is looming, 1 week away, and I'm on the fence.  I really, really want to do it.  But, I'm pretty sure I don't have the long rides my legs and mind need to get it done.  My gut tells me I'm good for about 50 miles and the last 20 would be a death march.

I don't want to death march.  Been there, done that.   Do I want to do the ride enough to death march? No.  Then, don't do the ride.  But,  then there is that little voice that says, "maybe".  Yeah, "maybe" I could do  it, and not die.  Maybe I could finish and feel like I had trained for it. 

The problem is, I know what it takes for me to get up to this mileage and I'm just not there. 

Dang it. I really want to do it.

 What else am I going to do that day?  Take a shorter ride and then spend time with the family.  And what about Sunday after the ride?  Right, not feel totally wrecked, and spend another day with the family!  

Hmmm,  maybe I'm on the fence, maybe I've already decided.  Maybe I'm on the fence about being on the fence.  Or not.
All I have to do, it not register.... or register.....  I hope I don't get too many splinters from this fence!

No comments: