Thursday, September 06, 2018

Know when to fold 'em.


There are times when you gotta push the limits and other times when you gotta realize your limits. 

It is time for me to realize my limits and pull the plug on Monster CX.  I'm good for about 45 miles and after that it would be survival mode.  Add heat and high humidity and who knows what could happen. 

Actually, I know.  I've been there and done that.  The IV in the back of the ambulance felt so good.  All 3 times.   Lots of people thrive in these conditions, but I don't. I've tried.  Don't want to go back.... ever.

Its pretty simple really,  I just didn't get the training in to give me the confidence that I can make it the 70 miles without going into survival mode.  I don't mind fighting and working hard for something,  but I'm not willing or able to to that right now.

I have probably spent way too much time processing this.  Thanks for putting up with my drivel and thanks for the encouragement. (and the  heckling too). 

I'll tell you what I know though.   I'm gonna have a lot of fun spending the day with my family!


No comments: