Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rafters

Yesterday I got off work early again, thanks to my gracious employer for letting me be a part of my building project!! I got home and the neighborhood was a-buzz. In both of my neighbor's yards were huge red Hyatt Electric bucket trucks. After I was home for a few minutes, one guy asked if my dog would bite if they went in the yard. I told him the dog would not bite, but also asked why they needed to go in my yard. He had not asked to go in my yard, just sort of let me know that that was his intention. He said they needed to string up new power lines because of the new houses next door. He then told me that my power would be out while they did this.....
Then, as we were standing around trying to figure out what to do with no power, the city inspector rolled up... But, not to worry, we have a permit and all the government stuff was in order.
The inspector was super nice and did a pre-inspection inspection. He gave us some pointers and tips on what he wanted to see, and pretty much we are right on track.
Two hours later, we had a new power line, our saws worked and we were able to cut some rafters. Our house suddenly went from a little house to a small add-on swallowing a little house!!!
After the dust settles from this project, we will re-assess the finances. The next phase will be to tear back the current roof, build a short wall on top of the current structure's walls, and then match the add-on roof line.

The windows are covered up with ply-wood, these will be cut out at some point.

Not only does this project bring our house up to size with the surrounding houses, our house will no longer be dwarfed by those houses.

The view from the front!!!

Rain in the forecast, work might slow for the next couple of days. Saturday will be Jubal's first trip to the Buncombe County Landfill!!!

Sweet!!! The team landed in Cyclingnews.com again, and MTBracenews.com,

and several others including Guitar Ted's blog, if you like 29er's and guitars, he is your go to guy.

Have a great day.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: