Thursday, April 07, 2011

4-6

You had to be there
 After a morning of bike safety rodeos, and afternoon of errands, then taking the Erwin Middle Bike Club on a ride, it was time to ride alone.  I was parked at the Arboretum so got the kids loaded on the bus, and rolled back out onto the trails. 

I have been a little frustrated about my legs not feeling it recently when I realized that for the past 4 yrs, at this time of the year, I have had several specific race goals in mind.  This year I don't and my training has not had the intensity of years past, so naturally I don't have the same fitness. 

For this ride, I decided to focus on technique, keeping it smooth,  something I could control and see immediate results.  During the ride, it dawned on me that I have been mashing the pedals in an attempt to replicate that sensation of feeling good, grinding over the tops of hills and hammering down the other side.  I realized that I have been trying too hard and I need to relax and focus on other things as well. 
The French Broad River Valley
It turned out to be a good ride, in fact what ride is not good when one happens across David Maida? 

No comments: