Monday, February 10, 2014

Winter Water Park Fun

This weekend we headed over the mountains to Sevierville to hit up the Wilderness At The Smokies.  It is a whole hotel/water park package.  

We arrived late evening on Friday and decided to head to the room to relax before spending all day Saturday at the indoor park. 

Wave pool, hot tub, wave ride, water slides etc, kept is busy and occupied.

The highlight of the trip, which we only did once due to the long, slow moving line was a 4 person slide called Storm Chasers.  The 3 of us climbed into a 4 person inflatable and proceeded to "plummet 55 ft down a thrilling, dark tunnel ride before dropping through a zero gravity fall into a funnel where they experience several fast oscillations before splashing into a pool below".   Somehow, I ended up going backwards through the entire slide.  I couldn't see where we were headed or when the drop was coming up,  all I could see was the kid's face.  Sitting directly across from me, and looking terrified.

I must admit that this is the most scared, I have been on a thrill ride since I was about 8 or 9 years old. (or whenever my first ride was).  The 3 of us got out of the raft shaking from the adrenaline.

We decided not to give it another go due to the long line, and stuck to the other rides.  We were glad however that we waited until the last day to ride this one.   All the other slides were a bit tame in comparison!

Fun times with the fam!  Can't wait until the next adventure.

In the meantime, I hope we can make it through the week without a snow day.

No comments: