Friday, July 25, 2014

Here Goes....



Well,  its Friday and I toe the line in 2 days.  It is going to be a huge weekend and I'm looking forward to the challenge.   Trips For Kids WNC is sponsoring a Rest Stop #2 in both the JMC and ORAMM.  In addition, I am racing ORAMM. 

I must say,  I am blessed to have a crew of volunteers running the stops each day.  Especially on Sunday,  having friends that will be working for the cause and rooting me on at the same time.  That's special and I don't take that for granted!  I have cool friends and I'm thankful that they call me a friend.

I'm getting to the end of the 2014 summer ride program.  It has been a great summer and I am worn out.  I haven't had time to train consistently, and it is getting hotter by the day.   Lot's of challenges in trying to prep for a 63 mile mountain bike race.

But,  nothing compared to the challenges that the kids in the program face everyday and will continue to face in their futures,  if you are paying attention, you understand.  If you don't know what I am talking about,  go volunteer for a local youth agency that serves the underprivileged. 

And so, I dedicate this ride to the kids.  That's right,  this one is for the kids.  I hope I can inspire!


No comments: