Friday, March 14, 2008

Bent Creekin

Ahhh, to ride on the trails for 2 hours/20 miles, and still have light enough to see when I get back to the parking lot, this is livin'!!!! Great ride. I saw some people I know, saw some people I didn't know. 1 whitetail deer running down the road in front of me!!

I'm feeling more confident in cornering with speed. I'm using my breaks less, and able to keep up some momentum.

Last night's route: Rice Pinnacle- Wolf Branch- dirt road- up Ingles Field all the way to Greens Lick- down the dirt road- right on Sidehill- up side hill all the way to Bent Creek Gap Rd- Down BC Gap Rd- right on South Ridge Rd- somehow end up on Explore loop- to pine tree to some trail I don't know the name of, past the lake, to Hard Times parking lot, left/ right - right on DeerField, left on Wolf Branch to Ledford, to Rice Pinnacle rd., back to the parking lot.

Fun ride, steady pace. I have not been riding much single track out there this year, due to rain. I have been riding the dirt roads and feeling good. It is amazing how much fitness/strength one can lose after not riding a specific type of terrain.

Have a great day

No comments: