Monday, March 24, 2008

Got Gears?

I do. I finally broke down and got a geared mtn bike. The bike found me actually. Pretty cool story. I was thinking about getting some gears. Looked at some prices, and decided to wait. How long? I was prepared to wait for years. I didn't want it that bad, so was willing to wait. Actually, it was one of those things that I really wanted, just didn't want to spend the money. And it would cost a lot for what I wanted, so I decided to wait.

The next day, I got a phone call from a friend. He said he had a bike for me. He gave me the description and the price, and I knew it was for me. It is amazing how things work out sometimes.

How is it that sometimes things work out, and other times they don't? Or, is it that sometimes we say things don't work out, but they really do, it is just not the way we wanted it? I was thinking about that today when I was cutting down some more trees. I thought back to the chain of events that led to me having enough money set aside to be able to make this purchase. I should write them all down, that would be interesting. I'm not talking about exciting things, but everyday things. Hmm, I'm going to have to think this through, so many things come to mind in the past 4 yrs ( and more) that have led to this moment.

Weird and exciting at the same time!!

Have a great day.

No comments: