Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dirt

Lindsay Garland pulled up in a 1965 truck. It used to be a firetruck but he converted it to a dump truck. "It has 25,000 miles on it" he bragged as he got down to unlock the tailgate. He brought me 8 tons of dirt. And only charged for shipping and handling, saving me about $200. I wrote him a check and gave him some of Rhonda's homemade chocolate chip cookies. He said he was going to eat them on the way home. I don't blame him.

Jubal had a lot of fun climbing, sliding and jumping while I shoveled and raked the dirt. It is amazing how much fun he was having with dirt!!

I got the dirt to fill in low spots in our yard. The problem is our yard is a low spot, and our house sits in the middle of it. Whenever it rains, all the water flows down from all the way up the hill, into our yard. It probably used to drain until whoever built the house next door, laid there driveway and created a nice little dam. Now, when it rains a lot, I can get a foot of water in my yard. So, the plan is to build up a little higher around the house, to keep the water as far away as possible.

Oh yeah, and some of it will go on the pump track. It should be ready to rock within a couple of weeks.

Tonight is Bent Creek!!! High of 70!! Shorts weather, yahoo!!!

Have a great day.

No comments: