Friday, June 28, 2013

Thursday Night Ride

The group of about 20 headed out together.  I sat on the front to control the pace.  Taylor hit the gas and surprisingly, no one followed.  The pace stayed chill up the BRP climb all the way to Brevard Rd.  At the stoplight,  the A group types made their way to the front.  When the light turned green,  I motioned to the guys ahead and announced that if anyone wanted to go with the A's,  there they are.  If you want ride with the B's hang back.  The A's left and the B's slowly followed.  

I'm really pleased that we can have that separation.  It makes a lot of sense for those of us who are not racing.  I still get the challenge and workout that I need, but don't need to hammer my brains out.

It was nice to see some new faces: Cara, Erica, Melissa and Blake. 

The temps were warm but the humidity was high.  I tried something a little different and drank a nalgene bottle full of Gatorade around 3-4pm.  I typically only drink water through the day.   I never got overheated, and was definitely sweating the entire ride.  The sky was fairly overcast.  I'll have to keep experimenting with it.  



Busy weekend ahead, I hope that I can find some time to ride....or sleep!

No comments: