Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Dull Life

There has not been much to write about lately.

The weather turned chilly this weekend and we started up the wood stove.  This stove is our main source of heat.   Its a lot of hard work, but I am at a point now where I am 1 yr ahead on gathering wood.  It takes a lot of pressure off to be able to plan ahead like that.   It would be cool to have finances stored up that far out.  But of course, if I did,  I might spend it on a new bike.

That's right,  I'm seriously looking into a full suspension.  Its gotta be the right one though.   I've tried quite a few that have too much travel.  I need/want something racy,  100/110 mm travel in the front  not too much in the back.  I don't like the squishy feeling when pedaling.  I'm thinking Superfly..... 

No hurry, just saving and waiting for the right deal to come around.
I have not been riding so much lately.  I'm planning on doing the Ride 2Recovery Ride on Sunday.  I figure I'll go for the 70 miler,  then pack it up and head out to watch some of the Asheville Cyclocross races at Pisgah Brewing. 

For now though, its just day to day boring stuff,  like loading a dumpster full of remodel debris.

I did go for a run yesterday.  Just under 1 hr, and it felt great.  I'll have to write more about why I made that decision soon.

No comments: