Thursday, January 02, 2014

New Year

Well,  here we are in 2014.  The start of this new year felt different for some reason.  I can't put my finger on it.  Maybe it's because I'm worn out.  The house remodel project is set to continue but we need to build some funds back up first.  The next step will need to wait for warmer weather as well. 

I'm still running and after completing a solo 25k in 3 hrs, last week at Carvin's Cove, I'm excited about another challenge coming up in the next month or so.  I can't tell you what it is,  every time I tell people what I plan to do, it doesn't happen. 

I do have some goals though.  This year, I want to run/hike the Art Loeb Trail. Maybe an out and back.  I could do that in 3-4 days.  On the cycling end of things,  Fletcher Flyer, P55/P111,  ORAMM?,  of course the Stage Race is on the list as well.  And I'd love to get on the TNGA!

For the first part of the year, I'm going back to my roots and setting up my Siren John Henry as a single speed.  I'm looking forward to the change of pace and riding style. 

Winter storm warning in effect to the west of us,  should be a great day for a run!

No comments: