Thursday, May 19, 2016

If You Don't Start, You Can't Fail.....

Unless you failed already by not starting...

So,  I decided to give it a go.  I've trained for this,  more than any other event I've trained for in a while.  I feel like I have the endurance to get it done.  I would not mind having a little more speed, but.....

I'm lacking the self confidence.  It has been a tough week for the mountain bike community.  But we can't just give up.  We gotta keep on trying.  The funny thing is, most of my training rides have been solo.  When I think about riding this route solo, it makes it that much tougher on a mental level.  I saw some pics and post of the final riders finishing PMBAR, and realized that I won't be out there alone.  

And then of course,  what am I telling my kid, if I quit something because I can't/ it is unsafe to continue,  that is waay different than quitting by not starting. 

It really helps that the weather is looking just about perfect. 

I'm registered and....maybe ready!

No comments: