Thursday, November 17, 2016

Patience

 I've been able to get out on the bike consistently this week.  That's good cause I'm a bit stressed.  This whole truck thing is getting to me.   A 2006-2009 truck with 150k for $15,000?  Sounds crazy.  Sounds like borrowing money to survive is the American Dream.  But,  if you think about it,  borrowing has been the way of life in America since the beginning.

It is frustrating to me, because we have always tried to live frugally with little to no debt.  Until this year, we have never had a car payment,  were always able to pay cash for vehicles.  But that was before I needed something bigger and tougher.  So,  by doing what I do, and  needing to haul a trailer,  I need a bigger stronger truck.  So, I'm stuck, living the American Dream.  An old hippie forced to conform to consumerism and greed. 

Every dealer I talk to agrees that the price of trucks is out of control.  But their hands are tied, because they have bills to pay as well. 
 Something is going to work out, and I feel like I'm handling this situation better than I would have in the past.   I'm more excited about seeing how this is going to play out than stressed about it not working out. 

Trust is the key, and patience.  Waiting until the right one comes along, at the right time.

Can't wait to see what happens.

In the meantime.  Strong winds are forecast for the weekend!!

No comments: