Friday, January 06, 2017

Second Guessing

 My brain won't stop.  I'm not sure if it is just a bad habit or the way I am wired.   I second guess everything in my head.  I could be having the time of my life and I question whether I am having the time of my life.  I need to turn it off, and relax.  And that was the focus of today's ride.  Breathe the cold mountain air,  smell the forest,  enjoy the view. 
 I took the kid to Best Buy last night.  He finally saved enough money to purchase a new iPod Touch.  He has been saving and researching for close to a year.  Totally proud of the kid.  But,  then I stressed him out.  What, on the surface, felt to me like helping him make a solid decision, led to him second guessing his purchase.  Good grief.  That is not a trait I want to pass on.  He felt good about his decision and had planned ahead to make it happen.  I need to let that go. 

What it boils down to is lack of trust, worry and anxiety.  I'm supposed to let go of anxiety: "be anxious for nothing".  That also means letting go of control.  Crap,  if I'm not in control...... actually,  I'll be better off.   But I need to practice living like this.  Easier said than done,  but I'm gonna try.   It will free up a ton of mind space.
Go enjoy the view!

No comments: