Tuesday, June 10, 2008

8


Today, I will have ridden my bike 8 days in a row. Hopefully it will help me be ready for the Cowbell in 2 weeks. Fun times. I've been practicing riding/nutrition in the heat. I have been forcing myself to drink two water bottles of liquid each way on my work rides. I have also slowed down a little bit and tried to ride at an easier pace in an effort to keep myself from overheating. It seems to be working and the true test will come at the Cowbell.
I found out that some technical obstacles have been added to the course, and so my goals have changed. One new goal will be to consistently ride the techy stuff. I'm going to wait until I see the course to set a mileage goal, but, I would still like to see 75. I will be satisfied with 50 though.




Since my body handles the heat so well ( or not ), today I am signing up for the Hot Doggett 100. This is a local 100 mile ride through the mountains with only 9600 feet of climbing. Should be fun. I did the metric century (60 miles) last year. At the start, my crank fell off. I had to go back to neutral support, wait 15 minutes for them to fix it, then ride on my own for 60 miles. I still managed to have fun!!
Have a great day.

No comments: