Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some Thoughts

Spring has sprung here in WNC. The leaves are coming out, the dogwoods are blooming. One of the cool things about Cohutta 100 is seeing the dogwoods all day long. The leave are not quite fully grown, and the bright white flowers of the dogwoods shine through the forest.

The Cohutta 100 is this weekend and I am nervously excited about it. I have never ridden it on a geared bike so that should be an interesting change.

My goal for this race is the same as my recent races. Finish...feeling good. When I say feeling good, I don't mean feeling rested, like I just woke from a long winter's nap. What I mean is not laying on the ground, waiting for an IV.

I have learned a lot in the past 3 months and this will be a good test to see if I have it figured out.

This race will also mark the completion of my first round of training with a training program. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

I am already visualizing a slow to moderate start, since I love to hard in the beginning. Although fun, it almost kills me later....literally.

Have a great day.

No comments: