Friday, May 15, 2009

Seeing Green


The electrician finished his work late Wednesday afternoon. On the way out the door, he indicated that he might be calling the inspection in for Thursday. Since the same inspector does the building and electrical inspections, I called in the final building inspection, so he would only have to make one trip and we would only have to clear out schedules for one day.




I called the inspector at 9am to find out when he planned on coming to my house. He said he would have to call me back to let me know. Two hours later I had not heard from him so I called again. He had forgotten to call but it was ok because he is a super nice guy and was going to get over in about 20 mins.




I left work, picked Jubal up from school and we headed home. Then I started pacing. Waiting for him to show up, wondering if there was something major to be fixed, wondering if the electrician would have to come back out etc.




He finally showed up and the inspection started. He is very thorough and quiet. The whole inspection took about 10-15 minutes but felt like 45 minutes.




Then, he pulled out a green sticker and passed us....aahhh.




Now we are waiting for the electricians bill, the last major payment on this project, to see if we will become one of the victims of the horror stories that you hear about. How one price was agreed on, but somehow a lot of other mystery charges appear....we'll see.




So, what now? I still have to install the wood floor, trim and interior door. On the outside I have the gutters, some minor trimwork, and the final grading inspection ( for some reason I am not worried about that one).




With the weekend to myself, I wonder what I'll be doing.....




Have a great day!!

No comments: