Monday, November 08, 2010

Full

                                          Double the fun:

I had a great weekend hanging out with friends and family.  There is too much to tell on here, so I'll narrow it down to a few thoughts.

                                           A touch of snow at the top of Greens Lick:
                                                
  Riding home from Bent Creek on the Parkway..headwind and running from  the dark gray clouds that you cannot see in this picture:
477,  leading away from the top of Farlow Gap:
Double checking race course marking for Swank 65:
I love to ride:
Saturday was the Bikerumor Swag toss, and then a spin around Bent Creek with my Siren/WBR teammate Chris Strout.  We both were having a hard time getting the legs going, but it was great to be out in the 37 degree wintry weather.  Chris was getting ready to ride Swank 65, and I was not.  Good ride.  I headed home after a couple of hours and took my family out to Okie Dokies Smokehouse.

Sunday was an odd sort  of introspective day.  I got up way too early and headed out alone to volunteer in the woods.  Some of that time I spent around people, some of it I spent alone, way out in the woods.  At one point, I was walking along the trail, my shadow centered on the trail in front of me, and I took a moment to look at myself.  To quickly analyze where I am and what I am doing.  What I discovered brought peace.

I am exactly where I want and need to be,  doing what I want and need to be doing.  It is not all fun stuff, a lot of it is, but not all of it.  I look forward to the future, sometimes get anxious about cash flow or other day to day things,  but looking forward and not only looking but moving. 

I think that moving is one of the biggest motivators in someones day to day living.  Just the simple act of getting up off the couch and getting out the door.  Even if you don't go far or fast on a particular day,  at least one would have experienced some forward motion. 

And so, one step at a time, I move.  Off the couch, out the front door, and into the day.

Have a great day.

No comments: