Sunday, January 30, 2011

1-30-2011

What? Another 3 hour ride,  outside, without freezing?

I rolled into Fletcher Park at 10 am for a 3-4 hour ride.  I was feeling confident until Will Black, Matt Dinsmore, some others, Chris Larsen? Matt? Eric? and of course Robert Watkins showed up.   8 people total.

We rolled out and set a moderate pace.  A flat course with some rolling hills was chosen, and after about 30 minutes, I didn't know exactly where I was.  It is so much easier knowing the terrain and what is coming up.

It was a fairly uninteresting ride, pulling and dropping back to recover.  It was great to meet some new people and to catch up with I know. 

We wound around for a while, through some really pretty country side, enjoying the views and keeping a steady pace.  After a while I realized that we were almost out at Dupont State Forest.  I know then that I better hang on, because it would be a very long ride back to the truck, alone.  

I was able to hang on, and actually felt pretty good.  I stayed hydrated, and fed, and while it was painful,  I felt better than I have in previous years.

3 hours  and 55 miles later we rolled back into the parking lot. 

60 degrees and sunny,  great way to finish January!!

No comments: