Monday, March 29, 2010

6 days

6 days from now I will be headed to my first race of the season.   I'm pretty excited to try out the new things I have learned and to see how far my legs take me this time.  The temps are supposed to get up near 80 degrees which is not good for me, but with what I have learned, I am thinking that it won't be an issue.  Then again, I will probably learn something else.

My weekend was not very exciting and slightly restful. 

Saturday, after dropping  Jubal off at school for the snow make up day,  Rhonda and I headed out to the Blue Ridge Bike Expo.  On the way we tried to stop at Tupelo Honey Cafe for breakfast but the didn't open until 8:30am and it was only 8am.  So, we headed on up the road to the Shoney's breakfast bar.   There is no way we could have known that 3 minutes after sitting down with our plates full of food,  a little girl was going to run down the isle, hands cupped to her mouth, oozing and dripping vomit.....  So much for appetite.  We managed to choke our food down.  The kind manager ended up comping our meal. 

The Expo was a lot of fun and a good crowd showed up.  It was great to see so many people out!

We then headed back to pick the kid up from school.  We had intended to swing by Bluegrass and BBQ at the Asheville Farmer's Market.  We ended up hanging out with the kind Okie Dokies Smokehouse peeps all afternoon!  Fun times.

Sunday, I did not get to go on a long ride due to the rain storm that was raging.  Instead I spent the morning adding on to our woodshed so that we would not run out of fire wood like we did this year.  Except for 3 pieces of wood, I was able to use scraps for everything. 

Have a great day.

No comments: