Monday, September 12, 2011

9-11-11


 2 weeks and one day to go until the Pisgah MTB Stage Race.  This will be my 3rd year in a row and I am feeling stronger and more prepared than ever.  
Sunday I got out with Chris, Chris and Kristi,  3 expert/pro level mtn bikers who let me tag along.  It was good for me to ride with that group and definitely challenged me to keep working on improving in every area of my riding.  

We set out to ride a modified stage 3 which includes the gnarly climb up Trace Ridge.  This single climb will be a deciding factor in the race.  Sandwiched between 4 other stages, 2 before and 2 after, one must not be fooled by the "only 25 miles" distance of the day.   With roughly 3200 ft of climbing this stage will make you pay attention.

Tomorrow: Monday's recovery ride.

No comments: