Thursday, March 14, 2013

Slow Walk

I took a walk through the woods.  The sun was warm but the wind was whipping and cold.   I have lots going on and the slow pace of walking was a welcome change to spinning and grinding gears. 

The rear differential on my truck is worn out, and needs to be replaced to a tune of $1200.  Ouch.  For about the first time in my life, for some reason, I'm not stressing about where the money will come from. ( I'm not writing this to put the spot light on me, or brag but rather to point out that motives might change perspective).  Possibly the reason is that although the truck is mine, I use it to help the kids in our community.  Hauling bikes and supplies so that I can provide an  experience that they would not otherwise have.  Every single detail from the start of this program until now has worked out, whether I worry about it or not.  I believe that this community was ready for this sort of program and the support I have received in starting and running the program is proof of that.

Like so any other youth organization, they start with a small dream and reach a large number of kids,  not because of one person, but because of a whole community of people, each pitching in, in their own way.

I'll be without the truck for a couple of days,  and I'll take the time to, instead of stressing, to look around and be thankful for what I have,  what I have been given to take care of,  the people around me. 

This is a great community, filled with great people, and I look forward to continuing to work with you all.

Have a great day.

No comments: