Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Choices

Add caption
 I've been working towards the P111K,  a 70 mile race through Pisgah.  It is in two weeks.  I have started the race 2 times and DNF'ed 2 times.  Seems like it is time for redemption.... or is it? 

While I really enjoy the race format, I also really enjoy bikepacking.  I have not had time to take a trip yet this year and I suddenly realized on my spin around Bent Creek that I have 3 days in a row that I could take a bike packing trip of some sort. 

I was torn at first,  well, I'm still torn.  I want to do both,  but what would I enjoy more?   The camaraderie  of suffering with others and full support at the P111K makes this a race not to miss.  The challenge of a 3 day ride is equally alluring. 
big black snake caught me by surprise.
 Finishing either challenge will be a reward.   I have a week and a half to figure out what I want to do.  I'm leaning towards bikepacking but we'll see.  Gotta run it by the family and make sure they are cool with it. 
signs

No comments: