Friday, April 18, 2008

It's about time...

In 24 hrs I will be 25 minutes into the Cohutta 100. I am very excited and have decided that I am in fact going to race as opposed to riding it to finish. I have trained all winter long, ridden my bike in 25 degree weather. I am ready to race. I feel like I know now what my body wants and needs, and when it needs it. It's funny though, my biggest concern is equiptment failure. I guess I will always have that naggin feeling that I should have changed my chain sooner, or I should have replaced my brake pads. But all that costs money, and I don't like to replace things until they are worn out.

Chris Etough of Trek/VW mtn bike team has been very kind and is meeting me to autograph some items that I will be auctioning at the showing of 24 Solo in May.

I rode an easy 10 miles at Bent Creek last night and I am a lot less jittery today, still jittery, just less jittery.

Well, I gotta go pack and get the bike ready,

Have a great day.

No comments: