Saturday, April 05, 2008

Setting Pace

Today I had the privilege of being the pace cyclist at the Black Mtn Greenway Challenge. The race was great. The 10k runner in the lead was fast. He almost caught me on an uphill. I was daydreaming, enjoying the scenery. All of a sudden I heard heavy breathing and footsteps pounding right behind me. I sped it up and paid attention the rest of the race.

Other highlights include:
- The college student volunteer on her cell phone, not telling racers which direction to turn.
-The local police, not helping out at one of the busiest intersections. ( I don't think they realised how fast the front runners were going to be!!!
-The people in a neighborhood on the route, it took them 3 hours to get their camper trailer backed out of their driveway. They ended up getting stuck in their yard and had to call a tow truck.
(photo courtesy of Asheville Citizen Times)

All in all, it was quite a fun day. Before the race, we drove around town asking for donations and hanging up fliers for the viewing of "24 Solo".

Epic ride in the plans for tomorrow.

Have a great day.

No comments: