Thursday, April 03, 2008

New Team

I am riding with a new team this year. I ride for World Bicycle Relief.
(I will actually continue to ride for ECD on the track and WBR for my mtn bike races.)
I am excited about raising funds for this organization. Imagine having clients that you are responsible for over 12 miles away. It would take days to walk that distance. Imagine, someone providing you with a bicycle that would take you that distance in one day. Imagine how many more clients you could reach.
In that spirit, I want to give away one of my bicycles. Here is the deal. It is an '05 Specialized Hardrock, Single Speed that has a Derailleur hanger on it so it can easily be converted. It is in fine shape and has lots of miles left on it. ( size large) I am going to give it to one person. The catch is I want to raise $500.00 by the end of April.
How this works: you make a donation to the Paypal account by clicking on the PAY NOW button to the left. Then you send me an e-mail stating who you think should be the recipient of this bicycle. After I get $500 to donate, I and a panel of friends will choose the recipient that we think would make best use of the bicycle. And give it to them. ( if they live outside Asheville, they are responsible for getting it)

Last night's BC ride was a good one. It had rained all afternoon, but I was determined to ride anyway. It quit raining by the time I got one mile into my ride. I started out with the long climb up North Ridge Rd to the top of Greens Lick. I turned around and rode back down the dirt road, the took a right turn to do my usual gravel road loop. I focused on keeping my pace steady and keeping my legs spinning smoothly. Still feeling good, I hope this good feeling lasts another two weeks, or gets better!!

Have a great day.

No comments: