Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lost


I lost my jacket. I got a new one, that I paid too much for, and I'm trying to get used to it, but it is not my old jacket. It is not the jacket that I lost. I'm typically not materialistic, but when I find something that is functional and cost effective, I like to keep it for a very long time.


I only had that jacket for a little over a year. It was a North Face jacket that I got at Frugal Backpacker. I paid 1/3 of what the retail price was. That was a deal. It was not fully water proof, which is fine for what I need. It was lightweight and packed really small. It was blue, Rhonda says I look good in blue.


So, when I lost it, I decided," OK, I'll find another one and get it". I was wrong. I searched all over the Internet, and could not find it. I finally located one in the UK. But not in America. Not one jacket like mine anywhere. Not even at a discount/closeout warehouse. No where.


So, I settled for another jacket. I still went with North Face, but now it is a high tech waterproof, windproof soft shell. It is nice but it is not my old jacket. It is really nice, more than I need really, but isn't that nice for a change? To have more than I need? To have my cup overflowing?


Yes.


Have a great day.

No comments: