Friday, July 31, 2009

The Coach

The problem with hiring a coach is that you don't always know much they really know about training. I have paid my coach a lot of money over the past year, I pay his mortgage, buy his food, pay his race entry fees, tell him how cool he is and a whole lot more. I thought he knew what he was doing, but apparently he is just learning as he goes.

So, I had a chat with him and told him to get it together or I'm going to fire him. He said that I couldn't really do that, because I am him. Well, I guess he has a point, that's why I have him as my coach, he has a lot of really good information and a great sense of humor.

I got some really good info from a friend who knows what he is doing. Based mainly on that info, and re-evaluating my current fitness, I realised that I have not been spending enough time riding tempo. So, I have added in some more tempo/ high intensity workouts. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens over the next couple of weeks.

I have also had some success with my nutrition this week. I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks to make sure that I am getting it, but things are looking better!!

Have a great day.

No comments: