Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Hot Dogget

I'm riding a road century this weekend. The Hot Dogget 100. This is a really cool ride starting and ending in Mars Hill, NC. The scenery is some of the best around, rolling hills, river valley roads and some big climbs.

Last year I got dehydrated and nausea, of course, and managed a time of 6:52. It was blazing hot. This year looks like it will be cooler, high of 85?, subject to change at a moments notice. I'm really looking forward to a long ride, and continuing to work on nutrition and pacing.

While I have not had many successes this year, ie good strong finishes, I have seen myself get stronger and learned a whole lot about my body's needs, nutrition, pacing etc. It seems like I have so much more to learn, but I imagine that one of these days, things are going to click.

Once again, my goal is to finish feeling good, knowing that I could have gone just a bit harder!!

Have a great day.

No comments: