Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Garlic

So, last week I over trained and paid the price: Sinusitis. I tried to rest over the weekend and stayed off the bike for several days. I crammed natural decongestant, manufactured decongestant, antihistamines, pain relievers, etc into my system in an attempt to get well.

None of it really seemed to work. I was also not sleeping well. Probably from the excitement of my new Siren!!

I took the afternoon off on Monday and went home to try to sleep. I slept for a while and then got up to do some research on my current enemy which was making an attempt to move in permanently.

The info that I got off of the WWW was to eat raw garlic. There were several other recommendations, but I decided to go with this one.

If you have never eaten raw garlic, I don't recommend it for pleasure. Maybe for a good dare, and the pleasure of the onlookers but not for the heck of it. It burns.....a lot!!

But, the result? Within minutes I could feel my sinus pressure start to dissipate. Within one hour, I was feeling a lot better. I ate a whole clove and it seemed to be working. I ate another clove before going to bed and woke up this morning feeling a whole lot better.

I'm sold on garlic. Good stuff.

Have a great day!!

No comments: