Friday, April 02, 2010

Bring on some Recovery!

Wow.  My  rest week this week has not gone as planned.  But what do you do when you have things to do?  Well,  do them.  Since I am reducing my status to non-competitive racing, I'm not stressed out about it, but I am really tired.  Hopefully, going to bed early tonight will help!! 

I headed out to Bent Creek for an hour slow spin, and my legs were tired.  Probably the work on the wood shed, and the chicken coop didn't allow for proper recovery.  Then to top it all off, on the way home I passed the sawmill and they had some white oak logs that had my name all over them.  I went home, changed, got my chainsaw, then went back and started cutting.   When you scrounge for firewood, you gotta get it when it's there.  The upside is, if I can fill the woodshed this spring,  it'll be done. 

I have a really cool project that I am working on.  I need to get a few more details together before I present it to you.  It would be great to have a collective effort on this one.  Stay tuned to see if you can help me out.   I'll post it next week. (Hint: the project's focus is kids!!)

Have a great day!!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey man, good morning ... when you've had a rest week like that, just focus on staying smooth and having fun -- that's what it's all about! In case I don't get a chance to say it later today -- GOOD LUCK! HAVE FUN!

My name is Stephen said...

Thanks for the reminder Chris! Life comes at you fast, and I'm gonna enjoy it!

The Evil MGE! said...

welcome back to grade school...you look like a carrot stick dunked in ketchup.

Peas!