Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Get Ready

I am so excited about a new project that we are taking on.   First a little bit of history.

As a 10 yr old, my parents moved, as missionaries, to an island in the Caribbean called Bonaire. Being only 10 yrs old, I moved with them.  We spent 6 yrs on the island.  It was a great time and a great place to spend that part of my life. It was a sad day when we left the island and moved to Charlotte, NC. I was 16 yrs old.  I have never stopped thinking about the island, the experiences I had and the people who helped make me who I am today.

Through a series of circumstances, Bonaire has come back into my life, and I have a passion to give back to the people there.  Bonaireans are a happy people.  Laid back and embracing life.

What I want to share with you today is about Pasku Briante. (Bright Christmas)(Facebook Page)

I have been reconnected with an old friend from Bonaire.  He works for the Bonaire Youth Outreach Foundation (BYOF).  Every year, the organization collects items to fill shoeboxes. At Christmas time,  they then donate the shoeboxes to children on the islands who would otherwise not have a Christmas.

I have teamed up with BYOF to help collect these items to get them to the kids.  I will periodically be posting different items that are on the wish list.  Amazingly enough, these items are easily accessible to us here in the USA.  These are items that we walk past just about any time we go into any grocery store, gas station or the dreaded Wal-Mart.

The current need is pencils.  Plain and simple.  I need to collect 500 pencils. 

I have provided a Pay-Pal link.  If you don't want to buy them and send them to me,  I will gladly purchase them with the money you donate!! No Problem.

Once the goal for one item has been reached I will be posting another item.   For a quick overview,  we need:
  • 4 piece car sets (matchbox type)
  • soap
  • erasers
  • crayons sets
  • combs
  • hairbrush
  • t-shirts
  • hats
  • and more (I currently have 500 toothbrushes and 500 tubes of toothpaste sitting in my bike room!!)
500 each,  always 500!!

But that is not all.  Several years ago, I was partial owner of a t-shirt screen printing business.  I then pursued an interest in tie-dyeing.  The interest in tie-dye has been rekindled and in an effort to subsidize this project, I will be selling an assortment of different tie-dyes.   Proceeds will be going to the project.

Currenty I have 18 month onsies in stock.  ( I had to start somewhere ).  I have long sleeve and short sleeve.  $20 each plus $5 shipping, unless you are local. 

Example of a longsleeve:

Example of a short sleeve:
  I only have 20 of each in stock so get them before they are gone.  Once these are gone, I will do another batch of something else, probably t-shirts.
I can also do custom orders too: event t-shirts, towels, etc. (any color scheme too.  Sorry, I can't do images of Jerry Garcia or Jesus)  If it is cotton, I can make it look HAWT!!
If you want to place an order, simply use the Pay-Pal link.  If you don't have a Pay-Pal account, it is free and easy to sign up.



Have a great day.

No comments: