Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cause

I started a Facebook page called: Tie-Dye for a Cause.  I'll post pictures and info there about current stock and projects that I am dyeing for! Check it out and share it with your friends, and share it with people who are not your friends!!!  

I have already acquired 500 toothbrushes and 500 tubes of toothpaste.  I am pretty excited that the ball was rolling even before I mad the announcement about the project.  I went about pricing the cost of shipping yesterday and was shocked to find out that a 5lb box, 5x7.5x8 inches will cost $120 to ship via UPS or Fed-EX and $50 via USPS.   That's not going to work out so well. 

So I went back to the drawing board and contacted a travel agent who also has a blog and I asked her if she would be interested in recruiting people to carry the items down in their luggage.   She was excited to help so hopefully that will be taken care of.  Check out Bonaire Bliss.

On that note, I have decided to halt on collecting product until we can figure out a better plan and simply collect monetary donations.   And of course continue to make and sell the Tie-dyes and donate the proceeds. 

Thanks for reading,
Have a great day!!

No comments: