Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Recovered

 I spent Sunday after the P111K laying around.  I took the wife and kid to see Bears at the theater, then then came home and watched Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader.   We had watched The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe on Friday night, so it was a Narnia kind of weekend.  The kid and I had spent the past year, reading The Chronicles of Narnia Series together.   If you have not read it, you should.  Good Stuff.  
 I've been out on the bike seeing how my body is recovering and I am pleased that I feel fine.  I think if I had pushed to the finish, beyond my limit, I would not have recovered so quickly.   I rode up to Bent Creek gap the other day and Wash Creek Rd is still closed.   I was told that the plan is to reopen at the end of May,  hopefully that is still the case. 

The kid's birthday was this week, so I spent the day painting a mural in his room.  He wanted Indy Cars so that's what he got.  I was going to just to some silhouettes, but then got carried away.  Then I found some glow in the dark paint.  The faint spots you can see in the sky is that paint, so when the lights go out, the start appear!  I also outlined the Jordon silhouette so it shows up in the dark. 
 Fun times!    There is still some blank space on the wall, so I plan on filling in a little more, but for the most part, it is complete. 
The Used Gear Sale is happening this weekend at The Mountain Sports Festival.  If you are in the area, come see me!

No comments: