Friday, January 22, 2010

Crowned

I went to the dentist yesterday to get a crown replaced. I have another tooth, the rear lower molar that had been filled recently, and it was still painful. The Dr had told me last time that if it was still tender, it would also need a crown. I told her about it, but she decided to adjust the bite, ie. grind some of the tooth down so it would have less contact with other teeth. So far so good.

To get an old crown off, they have to cut it out. A carbide bur is what they used, from what I understood of their conversation.

Interestingly, there was not as much conversation during this two hour procedure as when they are simply filling a tooth. I guess this requires more focus and concentration. Although, the supplies sales lady did come in for a visit at one point, and there was a lot of discussion about." Order some o-rings, and order some trash bags" etc. Interesting.

2 hrs later, I was done, for today. I currently have a temporary crown, and I go back in a couple of weeks to get the permanent installed. In the meantime, hopefully the bite adjust on the other tooth will work. A sensitive tooth can only take so much pounding.

I had planned to ride dirt after work, but it was rainy, cold, muddy, and I was worn out after two hrs of involuntarily tensing up.

I decided to do a roller ride after I got home. I managed to get 1hr15 mins, while doing some cruise intervals and watching Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. So, much can be said and learned from the trials faced in these movies.

Today, looks like some showers this morning and clearing later for a nice weekend. I think I'll attempt a ride to work, it's me versus the rain again!!

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I love to read stories like that. By the way add some pics :)

My name is Stephen said...

who are you?