Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Outside

Well, it's been 6 weeks and 1 day since my appendectomy. I have not ridden a substantial distance outside since the surgery. ( I rode around the backyard a couple of times). I have ridden on the rollers 8 times this year, and am ready to move outside. At least I think I am ready. The current temp is 27, the high is 32. That's cold.

I was trying to remember what my limit for riding in the cold was last year, but I can't. I arbitrarily picked 25 degrees, so today is good to go. And it looks like this is going to be the coldest day of the week. I am convincing myself that I need to get out there, rather than putting it off to wait for warmer temps. I'm also convinced that we have another 2-3 months of cold temps and precipitation to come. If I put the training off another day, that's another day gone, with the chance that tomorrow might be colder.

So, here goes, layering up, and doing it. I'm sure I'll be glad I did it after the first 10 minutes, but that first 10 is mostly downhill. I have considered warming up on my rollers before going out, but if I build up even a little perspiration, I'll freeze. Good stuff!!

Have a great day!

No comments: