Friday, January 29, 2010

Forgot

I really wish that I had not forgotten the camera on my ride last night.

After spending the day in Campminder training, I got to the trailhead right on time. Nolan and Greg rolled up shortly after and we were off. Basically the same route as last week, we had good reports about the trails. Heading up Rice Pinnacle rd, we chatted and pedaled. Up Ingles Field, there were a few spots that were muddy. These are spots that are still muddy a week after it rains and are on the PAS list of things to work on. Past 5 points to Greenslick. I was surprised at how dry the trails already were. We then took a right turn up Sidehill, which was mostly dry, except for a few wet spots near the bottom. The upper portion of that trail is my favorite in the area.

Nolan had been having some shifting issues and wasn't feeling it, so he headed back down Bent Creek Gap rd to the parking lot. Greg and I headed out South Ridge Rd.

The sun had set by the time we got to the top of Greenslick, and now it was really dark, except for the light of the moon. The air was warmer than it has been for a long time and I daydreamed about warm spring and summer nights.

We took a left on Hardtimes trail and headed back to the parking lot. Satisfied with a 2 hr ride!!

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I managed to spin Lindsey Loop after work last night, the moon was amazing!