Monday, November 12, 2012

Road Trip 2012


So I've been off the bike for 16 days now, and its cool.  We were getting gear up for a road trip to Florida to see our really good friend Jared get married.  We had little desire to take an 8 hour road trip, after just having gotten our feet back on the ground financially this summer.  We were definitely concerned when we got the invite, that would not be able to make it.  But things turned our way and we decided to go for it.  I worked an extra job to save up some extra money and off we went.

I remember as a kid that family road trips were always stressful.  I wanted to experience a new kind of road trip.  One where we got along and enjoyed the ride.  I made that one of my goals.  From packing and loading the van, to all of the other details,  that's what I wanted.  It worked out really well too.  I have a great wife and kid and they make great traveling partners.  
Our first major stop was in Savannah, about halfway to Florida.  We found a place to park and walked down the riverfront.   The guy at the visitor center told us about Bull St, the "most famous walk in America".  We grabbed a map and headed up the road, through a series of gardens.   It was pretty cool, and was great to get out and stretch the legs.

Back in the van and headed south, we made it to North Jacksonville before calling it a day.  The Quality Inn was clean and comfortable.



No comments: