Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Funk

It feels like things in my head are starting to clear.  I'm hoping so anyway.  As I progress in this life, people making little positive remarks help me in ways that no one can imagine.  Never let fear stop you from saying something positive to someone. 

As I was pondering the other day, I wondered what good it does to tell about the funk if it never ends,  and if it does end, how did it come to be?   I looked back on the year and what I had done, where I have been and a slight feeling of being overwhelmed entered my mind. 

Then I did the math:  I did a lot, attempted a lot, failed a lot, accomplished a lot + I am tired =  hmmm.   So, add to that the things from my past that try to drag me down,  the daily stress that we all experience ( more than deciding what to wear) and the list grows. 

And again, I asked myself, what good is it to know the root of the problem if I don't have a solution.  And like that, the solution seemed simple..... but would take some motivation and hard work: simplify and focus on the positive.  

That's it.  Simplify.  Focus on the positive.    Some of the things that have been dragging me down, have demanded way too much of my energy and focus.  Trying to figure out what went wrong and how to rectify the situation.  Its not going to happen,  I need to turn my focus and energy on what positive things will be happening, on the great things that have happened in our community over the past year.  Simplify and Focus on the positive. 

Here goes,  when a negative thought creeps in,  I slam the door and think something positive.  It could be something as simple as appreciating fresh air,  noticing a flower.  Anything works really. 

Simplify and Focus.

No comments: