Thursday, December 20, 2012

First Impressions

I was finally able to take a ride on the two bikes that I took down for the Wobblenaught fit.   I was a bit concerned about the changes in positioning and wondered if it would cause any discomfort.   I also knew that there would be a time frame while my body adjusts to the new fit, where I would not feel very fit.  I was reminded to take it easy for several rides to let that happen.   This is difficult with my first race in 15 days, but it is important.

My first impression  is WOW.   Even though my muscles are not up to speed yet,  I am able to ride steady up and over hills with an RPE that is lower than previously.  Obviously, it would take a power meter to know exactly what the benefits are, but I don't have one, so we are going with RPE. 

I think that the fit on it's own would make sense.  But with the added benefit of Eddie's instruction,  it really is the whole package.  He answered a lot of questions that I have had for a long time.  I'm not saying that Wobblenaught is the one and only way.  There are a lot of other fit processes that are done by people I respect.  What I am saying is that I notice an immediate difference, and can't wait until my muscles catch up!

No comments: